I write to this weblog mainly for sharing ideas; for improwing my tech-doc writing ability and to keep references to important things I’ve done.
This is how I’m writing my documents on the web:
- A wordpress weblog hosted by a provider I trust.
- Some good wordpress plugin for common stuffs, i.e. a captcha for comments, a syntax highlighter for code, a plugin to paste images from the clipboard to the web, etc..
For taking screenshots and video I use two products from Camtasia: SnagIt, and Camtasia studio. I’m pretty happy for having paid some hundred euros for them.
I also use various web services to keep some other important material that can not be stored on my weblog. As example:
- my public GitHub to store public and private code examples
- google documents, to share public files, and keep private ones
Moreover, for my most important data, I’m going to use a personal web server, hosted by my VPS service provider.
I am always searching a way to improve the quality of my documents and the easiness of my writing. So, for instance, continuously searching for better tools / stacks to improve my writing process. Here there is some reference to usefuls things:
- M.Andersen – howto create a visual docbook editor in 10 minutes